EducationPhD in Computer Science and Software Engineering Auburn University, August, 2016
MS in Software Engineering, Auburn University, December 2011
BS in Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Alabama in Huntsville, May 2008
Awards and Honors
- 2019 - SourceForge Information Disclosure vulnerability
- 2019 - Member of the Fellowship of the Token Ring, black badge raffle winners at DEFCON-27
- 2018 - Scientist of the Year - COLSA Corporation
- 2021 - SwATips Software Assurance Tips (editor)
- 2021 - Counterfacts: A Quantum Explanation of Middle Knowledge ()
- 2020 - Alexander, S., Hood, J., and Jones, E. A Comparison of Fuzzing Dynamic Analysis and Static Code Analysis.
- 2019-2021 - Ted NuGet, a python script for checking NuGet dependencies in packages.config
- 2018-2021 - STIGQter, an open-source STIG Viewer implementation
- 2016 - PhD Dissertation and Program: HHUYS16-0.1.0.0.zip
- 2015 - Hood, J., Hamilton, D., Umphress, D., Yilmaz, L., Sims, J. Two-Way Trusted, Third-Party Authenticated, Quantum Key Distribution (presented at SCSS [Southeast Cyber Summit is now the National Cyber Summit] in 2015)
- 2014 - Hood, J., Scott, T., Yu, J., Qin, X., Yilmaz, L., Hamilton, D. We Didn't Start the Fire: Using Agent-Directed Thermal Modeler to Keep Servers Cool. Final paper presented at SpringSim. - Download ADTM 1.0.2 (133MB, changelog).